Who is eligible to claim compensation from the settlement?
Eligible Class Members are all persons, other than Excluded Persons (as defined in the FAQ section) and those who validly opt out of the class action, who:
- tendered for sale BIM Securities* to take-over bids by ArcelorMittal S.A., Nunavut Iron Ore Acquisition Inc., Iron Ore Holdings, L.P., NPG Midstream & Resources, L.P., NGP M&R Offshore Holdings, L.P. and/or 1843208 Ontario Inc. (collectively, “Offerors”) and whose BIM Securities* were taken up by the Offerors; or
- otherwise disposed of BIM Securities* on or after January 14, 2011.
* “BIM Securities” means the common shares of Baffinland Iron Mines Corporation (“Baffinland”) and the share purchase warrants issued by Baffinland pursuant to a warrant indenture dated January 31, 2007 and previously listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “BIM.WT”.
“Warrants” (2007 Warrant) means the share purchase warrants issued by Baffinland pursuant to a warrant indenture dated January 31, 2007 and previously listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “BIM.WT”.
Note: Only BIM Securities that were tendered for sale to take-over bids by the Offerors and which were taken up by the Offerors, and BIM Securities that were otherwise disposed of on or after January 14, 2011, are eligible under the Settlement. Your holdings of BIM Securities as of September 21, 2010 and your other transactions in BIM Securities after that date will be used for purposes of calculating your Net Settlement Amount Interests under the Distribution Protocol.
You must then within seven (7) calendar days of your receipt of the Notice:
|OPTION A||Provide the Administrator with a list of the names and last known addresses of the beneficial owners described above|
|OPTION B||Request from the Administrator sufficient copies of the Notice Packet to forward to all such beneficial owners and, within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of those copies, forward the Notice Packet to such beneficial owners|
If you are providing a list of names and addresses (A) to the Administrator:
- Compile a list of names and addresses of the beneficial owners described in the table above.
- Prepare the list in Microsoft Excel format. A preformatted spreadsheet can be found by clicking here.
- Submit this list in Microsoft Excel format to the Administrator by any of the following options:
- Burn the Microsoft Excel file(s) to a CD or DVD and mail the CD or DVD to:
Epiq Class Action Services Canada Inc.
Attention: Baffinland Iron Mines Corporation Securities Class Action
Nelson P.O. Box 20187 – 322 Rideau Street
Ottawa ON K1N 5Y5
- Email the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Download the spreadsheet here.
Note: You may choose to secure your Microsoft Excel list. However, you must provide the password to the Administrator. Please note that Administrator will not accept secured message links (i.e. secure web mail, encrypted email messages).
If you are mailing the Notice Packet (B) to beneficial owners:
- Request the needed number of copies of the Notice Packet via email to email@example.com and
- Mail the Notice Packets to the beneficial owners within seven (7) calendar days of your receipt of the Notice Packets.
If you have any questions, contact the Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-833-414-8044.
If you are filing electronic claims:
A nominee may also submit a Claim Form on behalf of multiple clients who are beneficial owners by using the links below.
Click here to download the Baffinland Securities - Electronic Filing Instructions Template.
Click here to download the Claim Form.
Click here to download a properly formatted spreadsheet for submitting your transactions.
You may download your master Claim Form and completed spreadsheet online here.